Installation guide: Steamcommunity.com
Steam install via subscription: Steamcommunity.com
GOG / Gamepass download the zip.
Begin your quest for the Amulet of Yendor by following in your father's footsteps to the Dungeons of Doom.
What's a xorn? Is visiting the gnomes of Minetown worth the risk? Why's there a pile of dead valkyries? Explore the mysteries of the Mazes of Menace on your journey to become a demigod.
An original story in the Nethack universe. Nothing is as you expect. The dungeons come ALIVE.
Full campaign. Levels 1-12. Maps 38. Playtime >30h. Ample camps, no time pressure, not a roguelite.
About Vel Ode to Yendor
With Vel Ode to Yendor, I'm striving to create a Solasta campaign that feels fresh, new, unlike every campaign currently available.
Vel Ode to Yendor plays like tabletop RP, recalling happy memories of my friends and I weaving fun fantasy stories together.
I’ve stretched the DM and the Solasta game engine to their limits.
- * Full campaign, player character levels 1 through 12
- * 99 custom monsters that make combat feel new again
- * 50 custom items, 45 interactive NPCs
- * 38 maps
- * NPCs with story arcs, changing, growing
- * Entirely new encounters unlike anything you’ve seen in prior campaigns
- * Deeper immersion in the environment through new map designs, meaningful choices, lore cues, and world interactions
- * Shops you can shoplift from, police who chase you
- * Main path story with many side paths of non-linear exploration
- * Fast travel to lessen walking tedium
- * This is not a roguelite: there are ample camps, no time pressure and of course F5/F8.